Terms of Reference
Director of Finance and Administration
As the centre of communication and information among Member Parliaments which consist of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and VietNam, the AIPA Secretariat based in Jakarta is now looking for the Director of Finance and Administration with the following scope of work.
Scope of Work:
- The Director of Finance and Administration will be in charge of drafting internal guidelines on the recruitment and deployment of personnel as well as responsible for gratuity, salary increment, and medical insurance coverage for all staff of AIPA Secretariat.
- Be accountable to the Deputy Secretary General.
- Monitor and evaluate Locally Recruited Staff’s (LRS) adherence to the standard operating procedure or guidelines, duties, and work ethics.
- Ensure the enforcement and implementation of guidelines and personnel attendance, discipline, and prepare monthly reports on the attendance of staff.
- Maintain data of all personnel and related records (i.e. over time sheet among others).
- Supervise the work of all LRS and prepare monthly accomplishment report on them;
- Prepare monthly financial statements which include balance sheet, trial balance, statement of income and expenditure, payment vouchers, receipt vouchers, all staff payroll, daily statements and receipts, bank statements and bank reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial audit reports in coordination with and under the guidance of the Deputy Secretary General (DSG).
- Prepare the draft annual budget proposal for the Secretariat under the guidance of the DSG.
- Prepare the monthly unaudited estimated AIPA income and expenditure statement under the guidance of the DSG for approval by the Secretary General (SG) before circulating it to all AIPA Member Parliaments.
- As bookkeeper maintain books of accounts, review expenditure and control of cash flow.
- Purchase of office supplies and materials as approved by the DSG.
- Act as Supply Custodian for the maintenance and safekeeping of office supplies or material.
- Supervise the maintenance of files on treasury or bank statements, cancelled cheques and other related financial records or reports;
- Prepare draft of Administrative and Financial documents.
- Supervise the Security Department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the DSG.
- High integrity, strong result orientation and drive for excellence and initiative taking.
- Good communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant continuous work experience in finance and administrative functions.
- Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis.
- Fluency in English required; work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be a team player and demonstrates a good interpersonal skills.
All applications must specify the title of the post as email subject to be sent together with a motivation letter to: email@example.com
Vacancy Notice issued on: 18/09/2018
Deadline for application is: 03/10/2018