Terms of Reference
As the centre of communication and information among Member Parliaments which consist of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and VietNam, the AIPA Secretariat based in Jakarta is now looking for the Education Officer with the following scope of work.
Scope of Work:
- Report to and take direction from Director of Policy, Education and Publication.
- Assist in the activities of the Awareness Program, Undergraduates Attachment Program, and disseminate any information, and report its activities to the Director Policy, Education and Publicity. This officer will also be responsible for these following duties.
- Disseminate information and updates publicize the existence of AIPA and ASEAN, especially in view of the proximity of ASEAN Community 2015 and ASEAN Vision 2020.
- Encouraging and monitoring the activities of the Awareness Program in other AIPA Member Countries.
- Taking care on the direction of the Director Policy, Education and Publicity of the AIPA-ASEAN Corner in National Parliament libraries and maximizing its function in disseminating information on the existence of AIPA and ASEAN.
- Giving lectures in order to raise public awareness on AIPA and ASEAN to visitors to the Indonesian Parliament as well as to students from schools and universities throughout Indonesia.
- Twinning and raising cooperation with other stakeholders by providing innovative programs related to the Awareness Program.
- Responsible for the continuation of the Awareness Committee.
- Attend to general enquiries about AIPA Secretariat education programs, visits to AIPA Secretariat and minor enquiries on AIPA Secretariat. Assisting Director Policy, Education and Publicity in researching on complex questions and matters pertaining to AIPA Secretariat.
- Coordinate visit requests to AIPA Secretariat (including liaising and handling security clearance, name lists, queries with AIPA Secretariat Security Officer and tours)
- Undertake required logistics for visits by visitors, including liaising with Security Department for usage of the conference room.
- Ensure that all name lists are submitted on time to the Security Department.
- Assist Director Policy, Education and Publicity to liaise with vendors on production of resource materials.
- Contribute ideas on new initiatives/projects for the Department on a constant basis.
- Update information on Education Microsite and Webpage (and liaising with respective vendors for issues to rectify)
- Ensure that the equipment and exhibits are kept in good working condition.
- Ensure visuals and devices are up-to-date and functioning well (and liaising with respective vendors for rectification of any malfunction)
- Assist Director Policy, Education and Publicity to coordinate and produce AIPA Newsletter by getting materials from staff and other resources.
- Perform other duties as may be assigns.
- High integrity, strong result orientation and drive for excellence and initiative taking.
- Good communication skills.
- At least 1 year relevant continuous work experience, fresh graduate are welcome.
- Able to work on a dynamic, under pressure condition.
- Fluency in English required; work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Be a team player and demonstrates a good interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Notice issued on: 18/02/2019
Deadline for application is: 24/02/2019