ASEAN INTER-PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY
The Role of Parliamentarians on the Protection and Promotion of the
Rights of Migrant Workers in ASEAN
3-6 April, 2011, Sunway Hotel, Phnom Penh, the Kingdom of Cambodia
TABLE OF CONTENTS
D. Inaugural Ceremony
- Welcome Remarks by Hon. Post. Dr. Cheam Yeap, Chairperson of Commission on Economy, Finance, Banking and Audit of the Natioanal Assembly of Cambodia and Chairperson of AIPA National Group
- Address by Mr. Hady Riad, Counselor of German Embassy to the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Opening Speech by SAMDECH AKKA MOHA PONHEA CHAKREI HENG SAMRIN, President of the National Assembly of the Kingdom of Cambodia and Presiden of AIPA.
E. Session I: Overview on Legal Frameworks and Mechanisms on Migrant Workers in ASEAN
4. International Standards and Good Practices Concerning Protection of Migrant Workers Applicable in the ASEAN Region by Mr. Tim de Meyer, Specialist on Labor Standards, International Labor Organization (ILO)
6. Impact of Trafficking, Smuggling and Exploiting in Persons in the Context of MigrantWorkers by Mr. Paul Buckley, Field Operations Coordinator, the United Nations Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking, UNIAP Regional Office
9. Challenges and Solutions by Hon. Ms. Chou Bun Eng, Secretary of State, Ministry of Interior, and Chair of the National Committee Secretariat to lead the Suppression Trafficking in person, Smuggling, Labor exploitation and Sexual exploitation of the Kingdom of Cambodia
Session II: What can Parliamentarians do to Protect and Promote the Rights of Migrant Workers – Legal Frameworks, Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Progress Reports Presented by AIPA member countries:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Lao PDR
- Viet Nam
Session III: Discussion and Approval of:
A. Draft Resolution on “the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers in ASEAN”
B. Draft Resolution on the Report of Seminar
C. Report of the Seminar on “the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers in ASEAN.
Closing speech by Hon. Dr. TEP Ngorn, Second Vice President of the Senate of the Kingdon of Cambodia.
Welcoming Speech and Solidarity Dinners Remarks
Hon. Mrs. Ho Naun, Chairperson of Commission on Public Health, Social Works, Veteran, Youth Rehabilitation, Labor, Vocational Training and Women’s Affairs of the National Assembly of Cambodia
Hon. Mrs. Men Sam An, Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, MP and Chairperson of the Cambodian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development ( CAPPD ).