DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 54 universities in 2015. This program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 111 countries and organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia.
The main purpose of DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Online registration : 9 December 2016 until 9 February 2017;
- Interview at related Embassy/Consulate General Office : 10 February 2017 until 3 March 2017;
- Selection by the University (online) : 4 March 2017 until 19 March 2017;
- Final announcement : 7 April 2017;
- Estimated arrival at Indonesia : Late August 2017.
*This schedule may change at any time
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website (click here). Students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENTS:
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student;
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent;
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age;
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE (if applicable);
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate;
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Medical certificate;
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2017);
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English);
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English);
- Language certificate (if applicable);
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable);
- Passport size photo;
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
All documents must be submitted to your account in here
See the University list (click here)
See the regulations (click here)